THE STORY / CROWDFEED
EVENT DATE: APR 28, 2018
WHO WE ARE
Richstone Family Center is one of the most progressive centers for trauma-focused treatment and the prevention of child abuse in Los Angeles County and the first Southern California recipient of a Blue Ribbon Affiliate designation from Parents as Teachers, recognizing Richstone's commitment to providing quality services to kids
and their families.
Richstone’s programs protect children by building stable and healthy families and decreasing violence in families, schools and communities.
We provide a safe-haven for those that might otherwise never receive appropriate treatment.
Demand for programs in our high-need communities continues to grow- last year child abuse cases in the city of Hawthorne increased by 30% and the region saw an 18% increase in reported domestic violence cases.
WHO WE SERVE
Children and families from communities in L.A. County’s South Bay and neighboring South L.A. areas
WHAT YOUR DONATIONS WILL FUND
Richstone’s comprehensive prevention, early intervention, and treatment programs are offered in both English and Spanish to address the needs of the community and prevent violence, enable healing and help end the cycle of abuse.
- Individual and family therapy, home visits, support groups and case management for children and families
- Early childhood education programs
- After-school enrichment programs for at-risk youth
- Supervised visitations
- Fatherhood program training dads to better communicate with their kids and be strong male role models
- Abuse prevention education programs in the community
- Parenting classes
- Anger management classes for adolescents and adults
- Social skills groups for adolescents
- Teen dating violence prevention workshops
- Substance abuse awareness classes for parents and children
- Expanded trauma-focused treatment, health and wellness programs for children and adults, launched using a recent $1M grant from the Everychild Foundation
- The Richstone Family Center is a registered 501 (c)(3) not for profit organization. Tax I.D. #23-7373745